Re: [Condor-users] Windows and linux authentication issue

HI Dan,

First of all, thanks for the help!

What do you mean by "linux scheduler"? A linux central manager? I wouldn't expect any special difficulties getting a windows schedd to talk to a linux collector + negotiator.
By linux scheduler I meant that a linux machine that has the scheduler daemon running (beside the collector and the negotiator on the same machine).

You need to make sure the schedd is in the ALLOW_DAEMON list (which defaults to the ALLOW_WRITE list).
The ALLOW_WRITE is ALLOW_WRITE = * on the submitter machine and the ALLOW_DAEMON is not set. I tried to query it using condor_config_val and I got the expected "*".

SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = never
"never" is not a valid authentication method.  You probably mean this:

SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION = NEVER

But instead of NEVER, you may just want OPTIONAL.  That means, "don't bother authenticating unless the peer wants to".
I also tried setting "OPTIONAL" but it did not change the error message. A strange thing though is that from the scheduler machine I can query the attribute with condor_config_val,
but when queried remotely from the submitter machine using "condor_config_val -n condormaster SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION" I get  "Not defined".
But it might be a similar authentication problem too...

Cheers,
Szabolcs