Re: [Condor-users] Global priority/fair use policy [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On 02/23/2011 02:15 PM, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:

It's the JobPrio attribute, and it is scoped to a single user (or
accounting group) on a single Schedd. I can set my job's JobPrio as
high as I like, but I won't be able to jump you in line unless my (as
a user) priority is higher.

If you want to have one user's jobs run before another's, you should
adjust the relative userprio.

Interesting!  I use:

Priority                = 98

in my classads and I'd swear that these are globally honored, so
*anyone* with the highest current "Priority" on their job will have
theirs execute first.

Ian

Priority turns into the JobPrio attribute on the job, and

 priority = <integer>
   A  Condor job priority can be any integer, with 0 being the default.
   Jobs with higher numerical priority will run before jobs with  lower
   numerical  priority. Note that this priority is on a per user basis.
   One user with many jobs may use this command to  order  his/her  own
   jobs, and this will have no effect on whether or not these jobs will
   run ahead of another user’s jobs.

If you have one Schedd and all jobs are in the same AccountingGroup (or submitted by the same User) then you may experience a "global" priority.

Best,

matt