[Condor-users] [SOLVED] condor_submit hangs when Queue > 1 => [REQUEST FOR CLASSAD 1.0.10]

Hi,

just for the record this issue is solved (see below).

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 09:29:06PM -0500, Michael Hanke wrote:
> when I submit a vanilla job with a submit file like this
>
> Executable = /bin/sleep
> Arguments  = 30
> Universe   = vanilla
> output     = runner.out
> error      = runner.error
> Log        = runner.log
> Queue 1
>
> everything is fine. However when I change the last line to 'Queue 2' or
> any other number larger than 1 I cannot submit the job anymore.

Apparently the reason was that it went into an infinite loop (thanks to GDB
and Yaroslav Halchenko for figuring it out). And suddenly this makes
sense:

michael@meiner ~/debian/condor/condor (git)-[debian] % head -n2 src/classad/CHANGELOG
Changes for version 1.0.10 (Released ????-??-??)
* Fix infinite loop in FunctionCall::SameAs().

I was using classad from here:

  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/classad/

and that doesn't have the fix. After applying the patch to fnCall.cpp
everything works like charm.

Are there any plans to update this distribution and release 1.0.10?

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de