Re: [Condor-users] Condor file transfer with command line parameters [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

> What if each machine in my pool had a large amount of locally
> attached storage.

Then simply don't tansfer output files back to the submitting
machine.

Use your batch file wrapper, or other mechanism, to move the
results from the working directory to any globally/locally
visible storage after the job has run.

You'll often find that writing the batch file so as to make use
of $(Process) and $(Cluster) to be a benefit.

Pass them to the DOS environment using the "environment=" clause
of the submit file (be careful with the quoting) and you'll then
be able to access them at the other end using DOS's %ENV_VAR%
syntax in the .BAT.

For example:

environment = "path='c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB
Compiler Runtime\v713\runtime\win32' CONDOR_CLUSTER=$(Cluster)
CONDOR_PROCESS=$(Process)"

and then in the .BAT

model.exe -p input.mat -o output.mat.%CONDOR_CLUSTER%.%CONDOR_PROCESS%
ren output.mat.%CONDOR_CLUSTER%.%CONDOR_PROCESS% d:\some\path\

Kevin

PS
I am only a short, cheap, across the Tasman should dsto.defence.gov.au
want to fly me over for you!

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971