Re: [Condor-users] Job dependency spec for condor_submit?

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Michael Hanke<michael.hanke@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

One common pattern in these tools is the specification of job
dependencies via "qsub -hold_jid". Is there a way to 'emulate' this with
Condor? Patching these tools to write a DAGMAN compatible job
description would be a fairly big task, maybe even impossible, and
definitely no fun. They are designed to submit one task at a time --
clearly with SGE's workflow in mind.

Could this come from a Makefile-like description of the dependencies?
I have recently developed a Makefile-to-DAG translator and I need some more test cases. You could also do a search for Makeflow by Doug Thain, which might automate your process if the dependencies can be expressed in a Makefile syntax, and is ready to go.