Re: [Condor-users] Job dependency spec for condor_submit?

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 04:26:02PM -0600, Nathan W. Panike wrote:
> Could this come from a Makefile-like description of the dependencies?
> I have recently developed a Makefile-to-DAG translator and I need
> some more test cases.  You could also do a search for Makeflow by
> Doug Thain, which might automate your process if the dependencies
> can be expressed in a Makefile syntax, and is ready to go.

Makeflow is cool -- it is on top of my list of things to package for
Debian (all of the cctools, actually). However, even a Makefile would
probably require all job dependencies being known at submission time of
the first task, right?

Anyway, since makeflow already abstracts SGE and Condor, it might be a
good candidate for an abstraction layer -- i will look into this more
closely.

Thanks,

Michael

--