Re: [Condor-users] Access to network shares using dirve letters?

The manual provides several solutions for using file shares and you might want to read up on this. When you use RunAsOwner, the user's profile is not imported and therefore mapped drives will not show up (mapped drives are specific to a user, which is stored in the registry for that user). We use UNC paths and this works for us. Google UNC if you do not know what this is. As long as the user has permissions to the path and a UNC path is specified this should work for you. You can test this via windows explorer or you can use pushd/popd via DOS.

mike

From: "Steven Platt" <Steven.Platt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Condor-Users Mail List" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/08/2011 09:48 AM
Subject: [Condor-users] Access to network shares using dirve letters?
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have a small windows XP test pool (1 central manager/submit/execute & 2 execute nodes) and I’ve run through the process outlined in 6.2.5 of the manual to set up condor_credd. The pool password was successfully set up on all machines as was my user password. The output of the final step of this section indicates that all is well:

condor_status -f "%s\t" Name -f "%s\n" ifThenElse(isUndefined(LocalCredd),\"UNDEF\",LocalCredd)

BIONUM3.HPA.org.uk      COLHPADESCEL.HPA.org.uk

CDSC0750.HPA.org.uk     COLHPADESCEL.HPA.org.uk

slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   COLHPADESCEL.HPA.org.uk

slot2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   COLHPADESCEL.HPA.org.uk

When specifying transfer_input_files in the submit file, jobs run smoothly if the full path of the network location of the file is specified (\\xxx\yyy\zzz\application.exe) but when I try to use drive letters (T:\zzz\application.exe) the following error pops up:

ERROR: Unable to get name of user associated with the following network path (err=2250): T:\tst\clustalw.exe

The drive mapping exists under my login and is accessible by this letter from the command line. Trying to transfer files from shares I don’t have permission on fails with expected errors, regardless of how I specify the location, so I know that my login is being used somehow.

This is true both with and without run_as_owner=True specified in the submit file, which makes me think that I’ve missed a step.

Can anyone tell me what I’ve missed or which bit of the manual I need to go back to?

Thanks

Steve

Dr Steven Platt

Bioinformatician

Health Protection Agency

Microbiology Services Division

London

************************************************************************** The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept for computer viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk ************************************************************************** _______________________________________________