Re: [Condor-users] java command

Phil,

that the jar file is not mentioned in the CMD is indeed normal (it does not contain the classpath arg yet). However, a couple things to change in your submit file:

1) You'll also need to specify
	jar_files = DoStuff.jar

2) Since the jars are invoked via the classpath argument (as opposed to the -jar), you will also need to specify the entry point class in your arguments, for example, if your intended main function is in class WorkStuff, then you will need to specify
	Arguments = WorkStuff 303 606

Please also read the related section in the manual: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/2_8Java_Applications.html

Nevertheless, that does not contribute to your job sitting idle. Does your job really sit idle or does it run briefly and get evicted? You'd be able to see that in the user log file, specified with "log = .. " in your submit file.

It it really sits idle, are you able to run vanilla jobs successfully? What does condor_q -better-analyze say ?

Thanks,
Cathrin

--
Cathrin Weiss