Re: [Condor-users] Automate removal of inefficient jobs

On Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Sarah Williams wrote:

Hi Ian,

Thanks, I will start from what you've suggested and let you know how it
goes. One thing I am unclear on, by current run you mean a job that has
been held and then restarted?
Yes. RemoteWallClockTime, RemoteSysCpu and RemoteUserCpu all accumulate over runs. So if a job bounces around from machine to machine, gets vacated or held, then released, these numbers just keep going up. So they track more than just the current running instance of the job. But they're probably good enough given your 1 hour versus 60 second rule.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing