Re: [Condor-users] condor installation

I am using condor 7.6.1
and using Ubuntu 10.10

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/12/2011 11:10 AM, shivam tiwari wrote:
I installed latest version of condor, it was working fine. but when I
restarted my system
and tried to run condor using sudo /etc/init.d/condor
it gives me error saying  FATAL: Required directory /var/run/condor does
not exist, or is not a directory

--
Regards

Shivam Tiwari

What version of Condor (run: condor_version) and what system?

My crystal ball says you're using pretty much any version of Condor and a system that uses tmpfs for /var/run, like Fedora 15. If you are lucky enough to be on F15, you should be able to yum install condor and get a package that integrates with systemd and tmpfs.

Best,

matt