Re: [Condor-users] condor installation

In Fedora land - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/var-run-tmpfs

"Since Ubuntu/Suse already do this this would bring Fedora more inline with the other distributions and minimize differences between the distros."

I can't tell you when Ubuntu started doing it, but my crystal balls still says it is probably your issue.

On Fedora you'd:

$ cat > /etc/tmpfiles.d/condor.conf
# Condor needs directory in /var/run
d /var/run/condor 0775 condor condor