Re: [Condor-users] Automate removal of inefficient jobs

Ian Chesal wrote:
I did a plain 'condor_reconfig' when I was testing yesterday. Today I
tried condor_reconfig -full -schedd, with the same result.

Adding PERIODIC_REMOVE to the job submission script did work. I'd
rather use SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE because these jobs are submitted
through globus gatekeeper, so if I want to add things to the submission
scripts I have to patch that. I'll tinker with the SYTEM_ version some
more, and if that continues to not work I'll bite the bullet and patch
globus.
Occasionally you'll encounter settings in Condor that require a restart to take effect. I didn't think this was one of them, but perhaps. Try:

condor_restart -fast -schedd

Brute force, but it should take after that. You can confirm the scheduler is seeing the setting with:

condor_config_val -verbose -schedd SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE

Hi,

It's actually the condor_shadow that enforces SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE. If you don't have a lot of shadows, you can send them all SIGHUP and they should re-read their configuration files. Restarting the schedd also works, since all the shadows will die with it and be restarted.

- B