[Condor-users] custom machine classad attributes

I want to set a custom ClassAd attribute on certain machines so that
submitted jobs can choose to specify that they only run on certain
machines. I do not understand from the documentation how I am supposed
to do this.

Here's what I tried, just for testing purposes trying to define a
machine specific attribute called MYTHINGY:

ALLOW_CONFIG = *
SETTABLE_ATTRS_CONFIG = *
SETTABLE_ATTRS_OWNER = MYTHINGY
MYTHINGY = blah

> condor_reconfig
> condor_status -long | grep MYTHINGY # not found

> condor_config_val -set "MYTHINGY = asdf"
Attempt to set configuration "MYTHINGY = ASDF" on master BULL <192.16
8.2.63:1886> failed.

Thanks.