Re: [Condor-users] ip of machine in condor pool

On Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM, shivam tiwari wrote:
How can I get IP address of machines in condor pool
Take a look at the condor_status command -- it gives you detailed information about all the machines currently alive in your pool.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.6/condor_status.html#72144

The default output for the command is a summary of your pool, but you can drill down to see more detailed information you like. If you say:

condor_status -l

it will show you the complete ClassAds for every machine in the pool. For example:

> condor_status -pool condor.cs.wisc.edu -l zomma.cs.wisc.edu
MyType = "Machine"
TargetType = "Job"
Machine = "zomma.cs.wisc.edu"
VacateCkptServer = CkptServer
IsGeneralPurposeVM = TRUE
LastHeardFrom = 1311343565
UpdateSequenceNumber = 3124
kernel_hugemem = FALSE
JavaVersion = "1.6.0_24"
kernel_version_string = "Linux version 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5 (mockbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)) #1 SMP Tue Jan 4 13:32:19 EST 2011"
TotalTimeMatchedIdle = 1899
...and so on...

If you use the -f option you can have it print specific attributes from ads and control the formatting. For example:

> condor_status -pool condor.cs.wisc.edu zomma.cs.wisc.edu -f "%s\n" startdipaddr
<128.105.181.32:48021>
<128.105.181.32:48021>

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing