Re: [Condor-users] Laptops as condor execute machines

Wow, ask and you shall receive.  Thanks Ian.  I’m excited to try it out.  I’ll let you know how it works.

Eric

From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Chesal
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 7:38 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Laptops as condor execute machines

On Monday, June 6, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Eric Abel wrote:

In the interest of not reinventing the wheel, has anyone developed such an application for condor?

Seemed like a fun little project for a rainy evening.

I tested in on a Windows XP VM and a CentOS 5.5 VM, both running under my OS X 10.6.7 laptop with battery status forwarding to the VMs. Seems to work just fine. You can use the build.bat and py2exe (http://www.py2exe.org/) to create an executable for distribution on Windows.

Apache License v2.0. Contributions always welcome if you want to improve it or fix any bugs (which I'm sure there are a few of).

Regards,

- Ian