Re: [Condor-users] Running a HOOK_JOB_EXIT

Hi Matthew, New day, fresh start, tried '+HookKeyword="MYHOOK" ' in the job file; still no message from the exit or any indication of the hook running in either the StarterLog or StartLog.

When reading through the doc, it kind of assumes some environment but never explicitly states what it is. So let me be explicit and perhaps it might trigger other ideas.

1. I have 3 nodes involved: a submit host which "spools" the job to the condor server (running master, collector, negotiator, procd, schedd, and n shadows), and an execution node (running master, startd, and starter).

2. /etc/condor/condor_config on the execution node contains:
  # Job hooks
  STARTER_JOB_HOOK_KEYWORD = MYHOOK
  #MYHOOK_HOOK_JOB_EXIT = /usr/local/bin/munin-node-condor-job-exit
  MYHOOK_HOOK_JOB_EXIT = /usr/local/bin/job_exit.sh

3. /usr/local/bin on the execution node contains:
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  47 Jun 16 16:33 /usr/local/bin/job_exit.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 102 Jun 16 13:18 /usr/local/bin/munin-node-condor-job-exit

4. The job file contains:
  +HookKeyword="MYHOOK"

I read a RH bug report that had bash scripts for the hooks, all with ".sh" suffixes, instead of a perl scripts so I thought I would try that and make sure that was not the problem. But it doesn't make any difference. So I'm still probing and hoping for other ideas. Colin.

Matthew Farrellee wrote:
Closer reading this morning...

You need MYHOOK_HOOK_JOB_EXIT in your config and to add +HookKeyword="MYHOOK" in your submit file.

Best,

matt