From: Sara Rolfe <smrolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 06/24/2011 12:58 PM
Subject: [Condor-users] Spaces in filename
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, I would like to submit a job where the "Arguments" field
contains a filename with a space, such as:

Arguments = /file/path/file1 name.ext /file/path/file2name.ext

I have tried many combinations of double quotes, single quotes,
escaped quotes around /file/path/file1 name.ext, and escaping the
space, but still get errors when I submit.  I'm not able to modify
this filename to remove the space.

A similar question was answered here:

https://www-auth.cs.wisc.edu/lists/condor-users/2006-October/msg00097.shtml

The solution was to use double quotes, add a '+' at the start of the
line to bypass error checking, and change the field, in this case
"output" to the actual job classad name "out".  I tried double quotes
with the '+', but I have not been able to find the actual classad name
for "Arguments".  Any help on this or other solutions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Sara