[Condor-users] Condor 7.6.1 CREDD Service--Problems with SSL for Windows

A problem was occurring in 7.4 and 7.5 with the CREDD Service where the mapfile with more than 73 or some odd entries causes the service to crash and the pool password cannot be set. This was briefly mentioned during the Condor week conference and based on the version revision notes, I thought a lot of work on the CREDD service was done.

I spent some time switching over our condor nodes so each machine in the Condor pool used a unique SSL paired key. However, the CREDD service crashes and throws a core file. I reverted back such that I am now only using two keys (one for the server/CM and a second for all nodes). This fixed the problem, but I am curious if the condor development team is aware that the problem still exists. There is a work around, which I stated here, but I was curious if any efforts are being made to resolve this problem.

I unfortunately deleted the core dump files, but I think it would be easy enough to regenerate in a test environment. If any help is required for debugging this I can write a script which will allow me to more easily switch back and forth between methods. Right now, I needed to set up our pool for production but I have a small enough pool that I could help with the debugging (with instruction) if desired.

Are others using this more strict security policy and if so is it successful for your organization? Our pool consists of Windows machines and Windows CM only.

thanks,
mike