Re: [Condor-users] When is machine RANK evaluated? Was: Rank expressions not evaluated

Carsten Aulbert wrote:

We are working to confirm/reproduce the problem to make sure our reading
of the source code is correct, and assuming the problem is as real as it
appears, a patch for the condor_negotiator in v7.6.2.

Problem was real, patches written for v7.6.2, details and patches at:
  https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2275

To help prevent such embarrassment in the future, note that a machine RANK regression test was added into the test suite as part of this ticket.

Would it be possible to get access to a pre-release binary (Debian Lenny if possible) for our small test cluster?

Sure, especially if that means you'll help test it :). I placed a pre-release v7.6.2 condor_negotiator binary compiled (with debug symbols, you can run strip on it if you really need to) on a 64bit deb 5 box for you to try at:

ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/condor/temporary/forligo/v762_prerelease_negotiator_deb5_x86_64/condor_negotiator

Let me know how it goes....

best
Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing  Department of Computer Sciences