Re: [Condor-users] Installing Condor

Thanks Matt and Lucky for guiding me to install condor.

I installed condor on two of our fedora m/c.

Hostname of central manager:  fedora71, IP 3.77.244.71
Hostname of node: fedora66 IP 3.77.244.66

.
Here are changes i made in configuration

on 3.77.244.66  and 71  (same settings)
---------------------------------------
in the global configuration file
LOCAL_DIR               = /var/lib/condor
COLLECTOR_NAME          = My-Fedora-Pool

on 3.77.244.66 (local config file)
----------------------------------
CONDOR_DEVELOPERS = NONE
CONDOR_HOST = fedora71.tcssabic.com
COLLECTOR_NAME = My-Fedora-Pool
ALLOW_WRITE = $(ALLOW_WRITE), $(CONDOR_HOST)
START = TRUE
SUSPEND = FALSE
PREEMPT = FALSE
KILL = FALSE
DAEMON_LIST =  MASTER, STARTD
NEGOTIATOR_INTERVAL = 20
TRUST_UID_DOMAIN = TRUE

on 3.77.244.71 (local config file)
-----------------------------------
CONDOR_DEVELOPERS = NONE
CONDOR_HOST = fedora71.tcssabic.com
COLLECTOR_NAME = My-Fedora-Pool
START = TRUE
SUSPEND = FALSE
PREEMPT = FALSE
KILL = FALSE
DAEMON_LIST = COLLECTOR, MASTER, NEGOTIATOR, SCHEDD, STARTD
NEGOTIATOR_INTERVAL = 20
TRUST_UID_DOMAIN = TRUE
ALLOW_WRITE = $(ALLOW_WRITE), fedora66.tcssabic.com

But when i run command condor_status on node m/c i get error

CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <3.77.244.71:9618>
Error: Couldn't contact the condor_collector on fedora71.tcssabic.com.

I checked collector log file also but couldn't get what is the root cause.

Also, one interesting thing is when i restart condor service i get error
[root@fedora66 ~]# service condor status
condor_master (pid 1887) is running...
[root@fedora66 ~]# service condor restart
Stopping Condor daemons: [ OK ]
Warning: condor_master may not have exited, start/restart may fail
Starting Condor daemons:
[root@fedora66 ~]# service condor status
condor_master is stopped
[root@fedora66 ~]#
[root@fedora66 ~]#
[root@fedora66 ~]# service condor start
Starting Condor daemons: [ OK ]
[root@fedora66 ~]# service condor status
condor_master (pid 2506) is running...

So, condor_master is not properly starting when restarted.

Please help.

Thanks
Shailesh