Re: [Condor-users] DAGMAN node priorities vs condor_prio

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 02:21:34AM -0400, Rowe, Thomas wrote:
> I want to set the priority of all nodes in a given DAG, in the sense of
> condor_prio. This is so different DAGs get more run time. If I set the
> priority on the cluster running the DAG with condor_prio, I see using
> condor_q that the specified priority does not propagate down to DAG
> process nodes as they are spawned; they have priority 0 according to
> condor_q.

I have been working on a patch that addresses this very issue.  I will let you
know when it is ready.  You can follow my work at

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2167

As it is right now, you have to put the priorities in the submit files for the
jobs.  DAGman only uses PRIORITY for its internal ordering.

> How can achieve this?

You cannot with the current code.

Nathan Panike