Re: [Condor-users] MATLAB cluster vs. condor scheduling

> License-wise, it would probably make sense to compile Matlab scripts and
> to run them as ordinary Condor vanilla jobs requiring only Matlab
> Runtime - is this possible to do when using Condor as Generic Matlab
> Scheduler?

No experience with Condor as "Generic Matlab Scheduler" as yet but,
as someone who has run MCR jobs on our Condor grid, I can't see why
a compiled executable, which merely needs to find a few DLLs so as to
fix up some dynamic linking at run time, and which has been submitted
to a Condor grid, would appear to the Generic Matlab Scheduler as
anything but a normal Condor job running any other executable.

It hard to postulate how the two could interact.

The standalone job using the MCR doesn't check out a licence so
what is there for the Generic Matlab Scheduler to do any bean
counting on?

It surely can't be inspecting every process to see if another one
has a "secret squirrel Matlab signature": can it ?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971