Re: [Condor-users] Problems running on CentOS 5.5

Sigillito, Robert V. wrote:
Dimitri,

I apologize for not knowing the build. I used the tarball I downloaded from
UW Madison website called "condor-7.4.4-linux-x86_64-rhel5.tar.gz". I had
also tried "condor-7.4.3-linux-x86_64-rhel5.tar.gz" as well as compiling it
by hand and gotten the same results.

OK, so it's not that you deliberately linked your condor with libnss-ldap. I'm using the other set of rpms: see http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/yum/

I know, I don't get the error referring to libns_ldap.  I feel this is some
strange configuration problem that I am just missing.

My guess is it's trying to get some user credentials and that results in ldap query.

Try
 rm /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
 ln -s /etc/ldap.conf /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
-- this way you know all ldap-aware programs use the same ldap uri.

Also I suppose you could check that order in /etc/nsswitch.conf files first, but on a vanilla install it should be.

Dima
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin