Re: [Condor-users] Only Send Emails on Error

On Mar 17, 2011, at 9:12 AM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
> Currently, Condor defines Error in the above situation to mean exited with an abnormal termination. On Linux/Unix, this means exited with a signal.
>
> So my guess is if your test shell script ended with:
>  # Terminate abnormally with signal ABORT
>  kill -s ABRT $$
>
> instead of
>  # Terminate normally with an exit status
>  exit 5
> you would get the error email you expect.

I tested your hypothesis and you are correct.  Thanks!

> Note that Condor makes it easy to put jobs on hold when they exit for any reason, including a normal (aka non-signal) exit status that you are not expecting via specifying ON_EXIT_HOLD.  It would be nice if Condor would also send email in this case as well - I made a ticket about it at
>  https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=1976

I'll keep an eye on that ticket, as well.  Although I'm loathe to put failed jobs on Hold since it may mean our queue would get cluttered with failed jobs if people didn't clean up after themselves.

Jeff Ramnani
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and proprietary and otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, do not read, duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please immediately delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail or any attachments. The DRW Companies make no representations that this e-mail or any attachments are free of computer viruses or other defects.