Re: [Condor-users] Is this a negotiator bug or what???

Steven Timm wrote:
On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, Joe Boyd wrote:

I've been wondering that myself. I think I've had this same problem with a group without caps though. That could have been another problem though.

I guess I'll have to figure out what it would take to change it. The jobs are already running so maybe it wouldn't fix anything immediately.

... Actually, maybe just putting in a quota without caps would fix it immediately if that was the problem...

I'll try.

joe

If my hypothesis is right, then just putting in a lower case
quota won't be enough. It can already see the quota for group_mcprod. what it can't detect is the usage of the upper case group.
I think you would have to change the name of the group to
group_mcprod and make sure all jobs submitted
have the lower case tag as well, i.e. group_mcprod.vellidis
instead of group_MCprod.vellidis.  I think
condor would burp if you tried to define both group_mcprod
and group_MCprod at the same time, and two quota definitions
GROUP_QUOTA_group_mcprod and GROUP_QUOTA_group_MCprod
would just overwrite each other.

You are correct. It didn't work. I'll work on changing the case of the group name that gets submitted.

joe

Steve

Dan Bradley wrote:
Hi Joe,

I wonder if this problem has anything to do with group names that contain capital letters. Does your experience support or deny that?

In 7.5.6, support was added for hierarchical accounting groups, and during the vetting of this feature, we discovered some problems in treatment of group names containing capital letters (fixed in time for the official 7.5.6 release). Perhaps some problems of this type predate 7.5.6.

--Dan