Re: [Condor-users] Is this a negotiator bug or what???

It sure does look like it's a problem with the capitalization. I changed our middleware so that it lowercases the accounting group people submit and added the lowercase version in the GROUP_NAMES definition (they're both in there now). The debug output from the negotiator seems to indicate that it's adding up the "resources used" correctly for the lower cased group.

We've had these group names for at least 4 years though. I don't know why we never ran into this before.

joe

Dan Bradley wrote:
Hi Joe,

I wonder if this problem has anything to do with group names that contain capital letters. Does your experience support or deny that?

In 7.5.6, support was added for hierarchical accounting groups, and during the vetting of this feature, we discovered some problems in treatment of group names containing capital letters (fixed in time for the official 7.5.6 release). Perhaps some problems of this type predate 7.5.6.

--Dan