Re: [Condor-users] Condor high availability: CREDD setup

On Monday 14 March 2011 11:18:51 Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up Condor (7.4) on Windows with High Availability. The
> documentation
> (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/3_11High_Availability.html) says
> nothing about how to setup high availability of the CREDD, and I could not
> find information with a google search. I've turned to the source code, and
> from what I see, CREDD_HOST cannot be set to a list of hosts, so how do
> people handle this? Use DNS tricks to handle the failover?

For the record, after discussing this on the condor-devel mailing list, the
answer seems to be that this is not supported. The thread is archived at
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-devel/2011-March/msg00008.shtml

Kuldeep, I'm CC'ing you to this mail since you asked the same question in july
last year and got no answer.

I'll let the list know if I can find a workaround.

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services