Re: [Condor-users] partitionable slots are not returned?

Hi all

On Monday 28 March 2011 14:51:03 Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> On Monday 28 March 2011 14:10:14 Matthew Farrellee wrote:
> > I would guess that your START is preventing the slot from handling any
> > jobs or going back to the Unclaimed state. When a dynamic slot hits
> > Unclaimed it gets folded back into the partitionable slot.
> condor_config_val -dump gpu016.atlas.local | grep '^START ='
> START = ( Target.Owner =?= "testuser" )
>
> Does this prevent it going back to unclaimed?

I fear you are right, putting START=TRUE will "recycle" previoulsy used
dynamic slots.

I wonder if there is a way to both have a more complex START expression as
well as having recycling. But for that I would need to understand *why* this
evaluates to false, *after* a job is gone, is there a default owner or
something else in order to make the START expression true again?

Any pointers?

Cheers

Carsten