Re: [Condor-users] Pool Of Virtual Boxes

> we have never had any complaints that the systems were running
> slowly due to the underlying virtual machine.
>
> Have a great day,
> DJH
> david.herzfeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The apparent lack of (mis)interaction with the host system is
interesting.

We have a Condor cluster here but it's not something the central
IT facilitator, who operate the windows machines it runs across,
are that interested in providing as a facility itself.

Whilst the central IT provider are happy to allow the Comp Sci
School to operate the Condor Grid, it can be quite hard to get
any changes applied to the machines providing the computational
resources.

Would PoVB (I'm sure it should be a small "o" in "of") allow for
a one-off installtion of a VM by our central facilitator over
which we, in the Comp Sci School, would then have the ability
so as to facilitate the needs of the grid users.

Furthermore, given that some users have become used to recompiling
the UNIX codes with Cygwin so as make use of the existing facility,
what happens when/if you have a Condor Grid of PoVB VMs using the
same hardware as a grid running on the Windows hosr?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971