Re: [Condor-users] Getting Started

On 05/03/2011 07:57 PM, Larry Owen wrote:
Hello,

Just spent my first day at condor week.  So far, so good.

However, I'm trying to setup a test bed with vm's.  I setup an "all-in-one" Debian server w/ the condor-7.6.0-1-deb_5.0_amd64.deb.  That works and I have successfully run jobs with condor_submit.  I'm trying to add another compute node.  Debian as well, same pkg.  I changed CONDOR_HOST on the new machine to point to the main server, and changed the daemon list to MASTER, STARTD.  The services seem to start as expected,  But when I run condor_status (on either node) it only shows the first server. Why doesn't my new node show up.

Thanks,

Larry Owen
Senior Systems Analyst
Dept. of Computer and Information Sciences
College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
University of Alabama at Birmingham
+1-(205)934-0653; FAX: +1- (205)934-5473

Check for PERMISSION DENIED in your CollectorLog. Chances the default security settings are blocking you. You could go against Rob's advice from today and set ALLOW_READ = * and ALLOW_WRITE = *, and when it works try to get something more like ALLOW_READ/WRITE = all_ips_of_your_nodes_separated_by_commas.

Best,

matt