Re: [Condor-users] "job disconnected" after being deleted

On Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Joe Boyd wrote:

Why does the below happen and how could I fix it? This is all cut out of the
job.log for this dag job. You can see that it says it's being removed but then
it is still tryiing to contact it. Is this because of the "-forcex"??
Likely. -forcex removes the job from the scheduler machine without waiting to ensure the execute-node side of the job has shut down properly.

The -forcex option should always be a last resort (and I'd say *only* run after you've tried condor_rm without the option against the job(s)) -- why are you using it in this case? Do you have issues with a straight condor_rm call?

Regards,
- Ian

--
Ian Chesal