Re: [Condor-users] Allowing a hog to run free

I think what you're after is job rank and preemption. We do something
similar for our small video rendering cluster:

# Prefer doubletake jobs
RANK = ( AirplayJob )*9000

# suspend or preempt if current job isn't a doubletake job and
# incoming one is.  Should also have the effect of not preempting
# doubletake jobs for anything on these nodes
MaxJobRetirementTime = 24*3600*( AirplayJob )

SUSPEND    = ($(SUSPEND)) && ( AirplayJob =!= True )
PREEMPT    = ($(PREEMPT)) && ( AirplayJob =!= True )

So in the submit file, we just include the line

+AirplayJob = True

and it seems to work quite nicely.

--
Ben Cotton