[Condor-users] R: Re: elf on windows

In the beginning I thought that condor somehow was able to put the elf code
inside a sort of Java VM and so to run the code inside any machine in the
pool.
what about code written in matlab?

I will check the POVB, if it's suitable for our hardware. I believe that
having a VM running in background even if not doing anything is not so light.

regards,
 alaxa

environment at the cost of the hypervisor emulation layer overhead and
dedicated RAM and disk resources.  This usually is the simplest configuration
up front, particularly when something like POVB is used to deploy virtual
machines.

>An alternative is Cooperative Linux (coLinux).  coLinux is a Linux kernel
compiled to run as a native Windows application, and native Linux code runs
within this process.  It is more work to do the initial coLinux environment
configuration, but it is much lighter than full virtualization.

>Cygwin and MinGW have been discussed previously.  Additionally, both Cygwin
and MinGW have cross-compiler environments so you could build Win32 executables
on the same systems that you currently use to build Linux ELF executables.