Re: [Condor-users] custom machine ad attributes

On 11/07/2011 08:03 AM, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
>> I need to steer jobs to a machine with a local service running (ostore). I put the following in the condor_config.local of the machine with this OSTORE service:
>>         OSTORE_CAPABLE = True
>>         STARTD_ATTRS = $(STARTD_ATTRS), OSTORE_CAPABLE
>>
>> I put this in the submit file for a job that requires OSTORE service:
>>         requirements = (OSTORE_CAPABLE =?= True)
>>
>> When I submit the job it goes idle and condor_q -analyze reports:
>>        Condition                       Machines Matched    Suggestion
>> 1   ( target.OSTORE_CAPABLE is true ) 10                  REMOVE
>> 2   ( TARGET.HasWindowsRunAsOwner&&  ( TARGET.LocalCredd is "Nurse" ) )
>> Conflicts:
>>    conditions: 1, 2
>>
>> I don't understand what this means or what I have done wrong. condor_q says 10 slots match the OSTORE_CAPABLE condition, which is as expected. I don't know why it's complaining about condition 2, because the runasowner stuff is working fine for everything else.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> The complaint is probably that the 10 OSTORE_CAPABLE nodes do not have the runasowner stuff. You can explore with: condor_status -const 'OSTORE_CAPABLE=?=True' -format "%s\t" Name -format "RAO: %s\t"
> HasWindowsRunAsOwner -format "Credd: %s\n" LocalCredd

condor_status says all the machines are properly configured with HasWindowsRunAsOwner, with the credd running on Nurse (the master).

condor_status says no machines are 'OSTORE_CAPABLE=?=True', even though condor_q -analyze says 10 slots (the slots on Nurse) match that term. "condor_config_val -name nurse OSTORE_CAPABLE" reports true.

What have I done wrong in STARTD_ATTRS configuration on Nurse? This must be some configuration or syntax oversight.