Re: [Condor-users] condor_status to display all machines in all pools

On Monday, 7 November, 2011 at 12:35 PM, shivam tiwari wrote:
Hi,

I have two condor pools, both has their own master. When run condor_status command on master machine of pool1 I get all the machines from pool1 only.
Is there any way by which I can get all the machines from pool1 and pool2
Not with one call to condor_status. But you can make two calls:

condor_status -pool <central manager of pool>

Lets you call out to any pool, from any machine really, and get the status of that pool (assuming read permissions are liberal enough at the CM for that pool to allow for this).

Alternatively you can set up a multi-tier collector arrangement and have one "super collector" that gathers up information about multiple pools in to one collector and use that for status information about your pools.

See: https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToConfigCollectors -- for some details on how to do that.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing