Re: [Condor-users] rooster on linux, take 2

On 11/22/11 11:41 AM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
On 11/22/2011 10:10 AM, Dan Bradley wrote:

Presumably, you are doing this before hibernating the machine?  Because
after the machine goes into hibernation, you obviously can't modify its
configuration.
So I need to set UNHIBERNATE on the hibernating node, not on the machine
that runs rooster? Why didn't I think of that.

There are two levels of configuration, depending on how you want to customize things:

ROOSTER_UNHIBERNATE - this expression is in rooster's configuration. The default defers to the execute node's unhibernate policy.

UNHIBERNATE - this expression is in the execute node's configuration. The default is to unhibernate if the machine was matched to a job.

So for testing, if you want to wake up machines regardless of whether they have been matched to jobs, you could just put the following in rooster's configuration:

ROOSTER_UNHIBERNATE = Offline

That will attempt to unhibernate all offline machines, without reference to the machine's unhibernate expression.

--Dan