Re: [Condor-users] Condor 7.4.4 hibernating with logged in local user

On 11/23/2011 10:53 AM, Ian Cottam wrote:

> We are using the terminology "RAM" to Condor and "S1" to the PC's BIOS.
> What other combinations could I try (especially if you have experience
> with it working)? I have tried "RAM" and "S3", which did not work.

FWIW, in my experiments so far I've
- 2 machines where "standby" does nothing, "disk" does a full shutdown
(S5), and
- 1 machine that seems to do either S3 or S4 on "standby" and full
shutdown on "disk" -- this one (Sun Fire x4100) won't wake up from
either on lan or (usb) keyboard, so its states are rather useless
whatever they are.

On all of them condor_power reports S1, S3, and S4 as supported,
/sys/power/state lists "standby" and "disk", and ethtool claims "g" is
supported by the nic.

So you'll have to actually try it and see what happens on your computers.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin