From: "Kevin Buckley" <Kevin.Buckley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Condor-Users Mail List" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 2, 2011 10:58:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Modifying Condor's MSI distribution

"Ziliang Guo" writes:

> If you download the Windows zip package instead of the MSI, starting
> in the 7.6 series there is a script inside etc/wix called do_wix that
> generates an installer from the zip.  You'll want to use another
> directory as the working directory, of course.
>
>  If you modify the line
>
> LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE = $(LOCAL_DIR)/condor_config.local
>
> in the condor_confic.generic file one level above the wix folder
> before you generate the MSI, the resulting installer will have
> the change.

This sounds ideal,

however, having upacked the 7.6.1 ZIP (which I had already downloaded),
I then tried to build a vanilla MSI, as a first stage in coming to terms
with all this, and saw the following,

-----------
 heat.exe : warning HEAT5151 : Could not harvest data from a file that was
expect
ed to be an assembly:
c:\Users\Administrator.ECSVICT-EM9L7JB\Downloads\condor-7.
6.1-winnt-x86\bin\condor_mail.exe. If this file is not an assembly you can
ignor
e this warning. Otherwise, this error detail may be helpful to diagnose
the fail
ure: Attempt to load an unverifiable executable with fixups (IAT with more
than
2 sections or a TLS section.) (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019).
-----------

before the process finally bombed with

-----------
kmb.wxs(8) : error LGHT0129 : Cannot open the merge module 'VCCRT' from
file 'C:
/Program Files/Common Files/Merge Modules/Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm'.

Is that something that Condor itself needs to be there to fixup at
MSI build time or something missing that every WiX installtion
requires ?

Thanks for the pointers so far though, this is looking promising,
Kevin

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971