Re: [Condor-users] Building 7.6.3 without download

On 10/26/2011 09:10 AM, Michael Di Domenico wrote:
Can anyone point me towards steps for compiling Condor on an isolated
network?  I downloaded condor and all the dependencies it calls for by
compiling condor on a machine connected to the internet.  However,
when i picked up the condor.tgz's and all the .gz's from the externals
directory I can't seem to get it to compile on the isolated network.

I don't understand cmake, and it refuses to acknowledge that i've
already downloaded the external gz's file and their in the dl
directories.

I must say I rarely build from the src tarball. However, Tim does when building RPMs, so it can be done.

I would recommend -

$ git clone http://condor-git.cs.wisc.edu/repos/condor.git
(wait a long time !15min just now!, we should get a git: endpoint up)
$ cd condor
$ git checkout V7_6_3
(ignore 'detached HEAD' message, V7_6_3 is a tag, not a branch)
$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=$PWD/release_dir
$ make install
(i actually run time make -j6 install, it takes about 4 min the first time)
$ ls -alR release_dir
(i keep a condor_config with RELEASE_DIR=<CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH above> and LOCAL_DIR=$(RELEASE_DIR))

Best,

matt