Re: [Condor-users] ENABLE_PERSISTENT_CONFIG brake my QUOTA Groups

On Wednesday, 14 September, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Sassy Natan wrote:
Hi,

I'm using the CycleServer with the ENABLE_PERSISTENT_CONFIG=True

However this brake the  Condor QUOTA Groups options.

I don't know why, but when setting this option on - the group stop working.

Can someone drop a comment here?
Hi Sassy,

My suggestion is drop the use of ENABLE_PERSISTENT_CONFIG and instead of using the Grid -> Group Quotas screen to configure groups and quotas in your pool, use a template section.

Write out the Condor config that describes your groups and the quotas in a template section and then apply that section to the template your negotiator uses.

The whole persistent configuration technology is difficult to get working correctly. It can lead to some very confusing behaviour and on the whole it isn't nearly as maintainable as the good old Condor configuration file method for configuring Condor.

Let me know if that doesn't solve your problem.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing