Re: [Condor-users] Condor 7.7.1 released

Sorry for my ignorant question, but can explain, or refer me to an explanation, what the dynamic link to system security library executables actually means. For microsoft, does this impact how the authentication is handled via CREDD?

thanks,
mike

From: Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/14/2011 08:43 AM
Subject: [Condor-users] Condor 7.7.1 released
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

The Condor Team is pleased to announce the release of Condor 7.7.1. In
addition to other improvements, this release of Condor now dynamically
links the executables to the system security libraries, including
openssl. In the past, these libraries have been statically linked into
the binaries. As a result, system security updates will immediately
benefit Condor. The downside is that binaries built for a given platform
may not be as portable to other platforms as in the past.

Version History:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.7/8_3Development_Release.html

Downloads Page:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/downloads/