Re: [Condor-users] Cycle Computing building 30, 000-core Condor cluster in EC2

Hi Alan, Thanks! Our efforts enabling science at scale are made much
easier by the work of you folks at the Condor Team!

Best,
Jason

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Alan De Smet <adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Congratulations to Cycle.  Last spring at Condor Week 2011 they
> announced that they had built a 10,000-core Condor cluster in
> Amazon EC2 for a customer.  Cycle has now announced that they
> delivered a 30,000-core cluster in EC2 for a pharmaceutical
> company.
> http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2011/09/30000-core-cluster-built-on-amazon-ec2-cloud.ars
>
> --
> Alan De Smet                              Condor Project Research
> adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/
>
> The archives can be found at:

==================================
Jason A. Stowe
cell: 607.227.9686
main: 888.292.5320

http://twitter.com/jasonastowe/
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing/

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com