Re: [Condor-users] Checkpointing on Windows pool PCs: I need little help...

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:41:31 "Smith, Ian" wrote:

> I've experimented quite a bit with this here and I wrote up a little guide for
> Matlab based jobs (which many Condor users run here). It's at:
>
> http://www.liv.ac.uk/csd/escience/condor/checkpoint.htm

Yes, I know that link and it is very useful!
Thank you for making this information available online.

Concerning the end-of-day shutdown:
I tried it, but there is no way I can catch that signal with the computers
in the library here. Apparently the Windows systems are already too far
down for the checkpoint procedure to complete successfully.

The only alternative seems to be something like a "condor_vacate -all" or
"condor_vacate_job -all" some 15 minutes before the official shutdown time
of the PCs....but I have not yet played with this option.
Any recommendations or thoughts on this?

Thank you.
Rob.