Re: [Condor-users] maxidle for a dag with one node?

On 09/22/2011 10:18 PM, R. Kent Wenger wrote:
Are you using $(process) for things like output file names? You can
do something similar with arbitrary names in your submit file that
have values assigned in the DAG file:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.7/2_10DAGMan_Applications.html#SECTION003106200000000000000

That would allow you to use the same submit file for many nodes in
your DAG -- would that solve the problem for you?

Thanks, that helps a lot. Using the VARS keyword, I was able to build a
single DAG with many single-process jobs using the same submit file, as
in the "runnumber" example in section 2.10.12 of the manual. Unlike the
example though, using a variable from the DAG to specify log location
doesn't work; I don't get any logs. Perhaps because I'm on version 7.4?
I suppose I need to use NODE_STATUS_FILE to check for completed jobs.

Thanks,

Rob