Re: [Condor-users] FlexLM Licence + Group Quota + Preemption

Something along these lines was discussed earlier this year, maybe late last year.  As I recall, you could use a concurrency limit equal to your total number of MATLAB licenses to limit the number of concurrent MATLAB jobs.  Then, use priorities to let your higher priority groups cut ahead of the lower priority groups' queues.

There is still no way for Condor to enforce point 12 since Condor itself isn't talking to your FLEXnet server and checking out licenses.  That's entirely up to your users writing good code that releases licenses upon receiving kill signals.  If your users are sloppy then you're stuck.  If this is a problem then I see two options.  The first is to buy more licenses so that X.A and X.B are not locked out -- the throw money at it solution.

The second is to work with the groups that you have.  Create a "limited" group that has, say, one third of your full license pool.  Users who abuse the license pool with bad code get moved to this group.  Doing this prevents these users from locking out the rest of your organization for hours at a time.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science