[Condor-users] when_to_transfer_output - documentation

At http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/condor_submit.html it says

"when_to_transfer_output =  ON_EXIT | ON_EXIT_OR_EVICT"

However at
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/2_5Submitting_Job.html#sec:file-transfer
it says:

"If only should_transfer_files is set, and set to the value NO, then the
default value for an unspecified when_to_transfer_output will be NEVER"

This implies that when_to_transfer_output = NEVER is also an allowed value.
Is that true or not?

[I have a potential use for this: I could transfer input files, but
set output = /path/to/shared/filesystem/job.out]

Thanks,

Brian.