Re: [Condor-users] when_to_transfer_output - documentation

On 08/08/2012 10:36 AM, Brian Candler wrote:
"If only should_transfer_files is set, and set to the value NO, then the
default value for an unspecified when_to_transfer_output will be NEVER"

This implies that when_to_transfer_output = NEVER is also an allowed value.
Is that true or not?

[I have a potential use for this: I could transfer input files, but
set output = /path/to/shared/filesystem/job.out]

when_to_transfer_output = never is an allowed value, but not when combined with should_transfer_files = yes; you'll get a submit error. To do what you want, you could submit a wrapper script and send along the actual executable using transfer_input_files. The wrapper can be made to redirect output to a file on a shared file system.

Regards,

Rob