Re: [Condor-users] GSI auth in Windows

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 00:47:47 +0000
"Jewell, Chris" <C.P.Jewell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ah, of course!  That sorted it out.  Thanks.  Presumably my Condor
> cluster is now secure, even though I have ALLOW_WRITE = *.my.domain

Security is not a setting or a switch. Security is a group of processes
and procedures intended to protect a system, be it a single node or a
massive distributed network or anything in between, from the threats
described by a threat model. Security is relative. What constitutes
"secure" for my network would be unacceptable for a bank. Thus, the
question you should ask yourself is if the system is secure enough for
your requirements. This is something to discuss with your IT staff.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science