[Condor-users] Condor nice_user priorities accounting

Dear List,

I noticed a strange accounting mismatch in how Condor manages user priorities in conjunction with nice_user on the cluster I use. I submitted 700 jobs in one submit file like this (with the irrelevant stuff removed):
---
nice_user = false
queue 200

nice_user = true
queue 500
---
So 200 are supposed to run with the usual priority, while 500 should run as "nice" jobs. Condor also reads that correctly (I submitted 60 additional "nice" jobs later) :

$ condor_q -long | grep "NiceUser = false" | wc -l
200
$ condor_q -long | grep "NiceUser = true" | wc -l
560

But when I look at the effective user priorities Condor calculates, the nice jobs count towards my normal user effective priority, not the nice-user account:

$ condor_userprio
Last Priority Update:  8/21 17:23
                             Effective   Priority   Res   Total Usage  Time Since
User Name                      Priority    Factor   In Use (wghted-hrs) Last Usage
---------------------------- ------------ --------- ------ ------------ ----------
XXXXX@xxxxxxx                 415.50      1.00    700    736456.44      <now>
nice-user.XXXX@xxxxxxx 168170960.00     1e+07     33    555920.69      <now>
Number of users: 7                                     761   1947806.25    0+23:59

The effective priority should not go over 200, but it already lists 415.50, and the Res In Use column shows 700 for the normal account, while the nice-user account only shows the 33 running jobs of the batch I submitted at a later time.

On the other hand, when I submit the "nice" and normal jobs via two separate submit files, I get the correct accounting behavior.

Is this a bug in Condor, or am I doing something wrong when I submit jobs with two separate nice_user statements?

The Condor version is 7.8.

Best,
Uli