[Condor-users] condor_history query

I have a property in my submit file called +book=¨Aj45¨ and when I do condor_history jobid -format ¨%s\n¨ book I can see Aj45

However, if book isnt defined in the submit file I would like to get a ¨undef¨ so I am doing,
condor_history jobid -format ¨%s\n¨ ´ifThenElse(isUndefined(book),¨undef¨,book))´

I keep getting undef eventhough I have book. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?